Cloud Softphone is the primary soft phone application used by PrimeVOX Communications. This app allows you to use your phone system even when you're away from your desk. This includes, but is not limited to, making and receiving calls using your business line, transferring calls, calling other extensions, checking voicemail, and more.
First, you will need a custom QR Code to provision your softphone application, which can be obtained from your phone system administrator. The QR Code you receive is NOT to be shared, it is linked specifically to your phone. Once you've received the QR Code via E-Mail, you'll need to follow the next few steps to finish setting up the application.
1. Open the App Store install the app "Cloud Softphone".
2. Once installed, open the app and touch "Scan QR".
3. Allow the app to access your camera and point the phone at the QR Code you received.
Once the app recognizes the QR Code, it will automatically begin programming itself, please give it time to do this. Once programmed, you may begin using the app.
Navigating the App:
The Cloud Softphone app has four different tabs; the Quickdial, History, Keypad, and Contacts tab.
When you first launch the app, it should open up to the third tab, the Keypad, shown below. On this tab you can make a call, turn on do not disturb, and reset the app if needed.
The first tab is the Quickdial, also known as speed dial. Here you can create contacts, internal or external of your phone system, that you dial often.
The second tab is Call History, here you can see and search your call history. Additionally, touching the little 'i' next to a call record will show you the details of the call.
The fourth tab is Contacts. The contacts tab pulls from your phone's contacts if you allow the app to do so.
While on a Call:
Once a call connects, your phone will display the following screen:
On this screen you can...
- Mute a call
- Turn on speaker
- Transfer a call
- Add a call for a conference call
- Place a call on hold
- Record a specific call.
- Video call between two different Cloud Softphone users
You may disregard 'att. transfer' as this function is disabled by default.
Do Not Disturb:
If you would like to silence your softphone, you can place it on do not disturb. You will still receive call normally on you desk phone if you have one. Here is how you turn ON and OFF do not disturb:
1. Launch Cloud Softphone and navigate to the Keypad tab.
2. Touch the 'SIP Softphone' at the top left hand corner.
3. Slide the switch to the on/off position.
- Check to make sure DND is not turned on.
- Be sure that the app is connected. If the app is not connecting to the PrimeVOX system due to poor signal, the 'SIP Softphone' icon will be gray:
Resetting Cloud Softphone:
If the app needs to be reset, navigate to the Keypad tab and touch the gear icon in the top right hand corner. Once you're to the settings screen, touch 'Reset Application' and have your phone system administrator send you a new QR Code.