When you want to perform special tasks, dialing Star Codes is essential.
Stand-alone Star Codes:
- *43 - Echo Test (for diagnostics)
- *62 - Call Forwarding menu
- *97 - Access your own Voicemail
- *98 - Access the general voicemail system
Hotel/Hospitality Star Codes:
- *55 - Schedule a Wake-Up Call for yourself
- *56 - Cancel your own Wake-Up Call
- *57 - Schedule a Wake-Up Call for a different extension
- *58 - Cancel a Wake-Up Call for a different extension
Combined Functionality Star Codes:
- **xxx - Remotely pick up extension xxx if it is ringing
- *0xxx - Transfer a call directly to the voicemail of xxx
- *80xxx - Intercom/Page extension xxx
- *98xxx - Remotely check voicemail for extension xxx (default password is 1234)
Details: ** Remote Pickup
"Remote Pickup" allows you to remotely pick up an extension that is currently ringing - If you hear a phone ringing in the distance, and its extension number is 101, simply dial **101 to pick it up remotely.
Details: *0 Direct to Voicemail
The *0 prefix code allows you to transfer a caller straight to someone's voicemail, without ringing their phone. So, if you'd like to transfer your caller to the voicemail of extension 121, you would perform a Blind Transfer to *0121.
Something interesting: You can combine the above codes with BLF (Busy Lamp Field) keys on your phone. If you have green/red BLF keys, you can simply dial the star code prefix, then push their button!
For example, let's say your phone has a Red/Green BLF key for extension 156. Normally, you transfer callers to 156 by using Transfer then pushing the button. But, you need to transfer this caller directly to voicemail. Perform a Blind Transfer, type in *0, then push the BLF button for 156.